Olivier Giroud agrees deal to join Arsenal

rsenal Football Club is delighted to announce that France international Olivier Giroud has agreed to join the Club on a long-term contract.
The 25-year old striker completed a medical before agreeing terms at the Club’s training ground on Monday evening. The completion of the transfer is now just the subject of formal processes.
Click on the image above to see Giroud in his new colours
Giroud arrives from French champions Montpellier, where 21 goals in 36 league appearances made him the French league’s joint top goalscorer last season and also earned him a place in the Ligue 1 Team of the Year.
Giroud, who enjoyed a two-year spell at the Stade de la Mosson and broke into the national team in November 2011, flew to London after representing Les Bleus at the European Championship in Ukraine and Poland.
The Chambéry-born player spent his formative years in France’s lower leagues, developing his game with Grenoble, on loan at FC Istres and then at Tours FC, where he played alongside Laurent Koscielny for a season before being awarded the Ligue 2 Player of the Year award in 2009/10.
Manager Arsène Wenger said: “We are delighted to have secured the signing of Olivier Giroud. He has a very good physical presence and is exceptional in the air, with a great work ethic. We are excited about Olivier joining us and he will add an additional dimension to our attacking options next season.
“He has proved that he is capable of performing at the top level with club and country, and we saw what a big influence he was in Montpellier’s championship-winning side last season. We all look forward to Olivier joining us and seeing him play in an Arsenal shirt.”
Giroud, whose contract with Arsenal will officially commence on July 1, said: “I am delighted to be here at Arsenal and to be part of one of the great teams in English football. It’s a huge satisfaction to join this great club and it’s been a dream since I was young to play in the Premier League.
“I was attracted by the philosophy of football and Arsène Wenger’s ‘touch’ at this club. I have always admired Arsenal with its great history and reputation, and I now hope to achieve great things here. I’m very proud to be a Gunner and I will give my best for all the Arsenal fans.”
Giroud will join up with the Gunners for the Club’s pre-season preparations ahead of the new season.
Arsenal.com

Arsenal have officially completed the signing of Montpellier striker and France international Olivier Giroud

Arsenal have officially completed the signing of Montpellier striker and France international Olivier Giroud, the club have confirmed.
Giroud said he was “very proud to be a Gunner”, revealing he was attracted by the club’s footballing philosophy under Arsene Wenger.
As England return home, Roy Hodgson has admitted that striker Wayne Rooney suffered under the weight of expectation at Euro 2012.
Vincente Del Bosque has said it will take a “collective effort” from Spain to stop Cristiano Ronaldo ahead of tomorrow night’s Euro 2012 semi-final.
TRANSFER NEWS
According to German newspaper Bild, Tottenham are closing in on Gylfi Sigurdsson after hijacking Liverpool’s deal to sign the midfielder. (BILD)
Atletico Madrid have reportedly told Chelsea that Colombian striker Radamel Falcao is not for sale – at any price. (The Sun)
And finally, Didier Drogba has been linked with a move to Barcelona – just days after confirming he would join Shanghai Shenhua. (The Guardian).
GMF

50 Cent Involved In Terrifying Car Accident Early This Morning, Carried Off On Stretcher! Photos

50 Cent was in a bad accident tonight as his bullet-proof SUV was rear-ended by a Mack truck on the LIE in NYC.
He was put on a stretcher and taken to the nearest Queens hospital where they are currently running test on his neck and back.
His driver is also currently in the hospital as the SUV almost flipped over.
The truck driver reportedly told police his loaded shifted and lost control of the vehicle.
Hopefully Curtis doesn’t suffer from any major long-term injuries.
Images via ThisIs50

A MUST READ REAL LIFE CONFESSION: I Slept With Our Driver To Give My Husband A Child

I am not a loose woman. I am just a woman who loves her husband very much and didn’t want to lose him. I just did what I had to do to save my marriage even though I feel guilty sometimes.
It was not easy but I slept with my driver so that I could give my husband a child, but instead, God gave me twins, a boy and a girl…
I was married to Philip for eight years. We had no child. “The worst was that I never got pregnant even for a day.” His mother became so impatient that she started breathing down my neck as she gave me no breathing space at all. She moved in to live with us and practically made my life unbearable – in my matrimonial home. I cannot drink water and drop the cup because she must insult me. It got to a point that she stopped eating my food because, according to her, I should be feeding my children so that they would grow healthy and stronger and not her. “Monica, if you had children, you are supposed to be feeding them with all these food so that they would grow healthy and strong. I am getting old so I don’t need all these nonsense you call food. Take them away and give me grandchildren,” she would scream. She also stopped talking to me, however, the only time she talks to me is when she wants to insult me and remind me of how less a woman I was.
Even after she had left, I could still hear those insults in my head so I decided to take a bold step – I seduced and slept with our driver, Okon. Okon is a young man in his late 20’s. He is a graduate of Mechanical Engineering but because he could not get a good paying job, he opted to become a driver. I promised to get him a good job if he sleeps with me just once but I never disclosed the reason for this.
However, Okon thought I just wanted to cheat on my husband with him. I planned it during my ovulation so that I could get pregnant, although it was not easy sleeping with another man. I knew I was betraying my husband but I saw it as a necessary action. After a month, I discovered that I was pregnant. So, as promised I got a job for Okon in a friend’s company where he started earning almost N150,000 per month.When I told Philip that I was pregnant, he was so excited. “Sweetheart, God has finally answered our prayers. I am pregnant,” I revealed.
When I was five months pregnant, he informed his mother and she immediately returned to the house. She pampered me like a baby and also took good care of me. I never wanted to do any scan but my mother-in-law insisted. When I finally did the scan, it showed I was pregnant with twins, a boy and a girl. My mother- in-law and husband were extremely happy while I felt much fulfilled. “God thank you for compensating me with a set of twins after eight years of barrenness,” I muttered.
When the twins were born, the girl took ill for some time. It took a while before she fully recovered after several treatments and this got me worried. Philip and I insisted that blood test be carried out on them to determine their blood group and genotype and then came the shocking revelation. The doctor informed us that although their blood groups are both A, however, their genotypes are AS for the girl and AA for the boy mean while Philip and I are both AA. I wanted the ground to open and swallow me up because I felt Philip would ask questions but to my surprise, he did not. He just said, “Sweetheart,lets go home. We have had quite a long day, you and my babies need to rest.”
Three months later, he held me closely and said, “Monica, don’t be scared. I don’t want to know who the father of the twins is. I know whatever you did, you did to save our marriage and I am very proud of you. I promise to always love you and my babies. I promise this will be a secret between us. I love you sweetheart. I know we will have our own children someday.” I wept as he wiped my tears with his hands. I KNOW WHAT I DID WAS WRONG:
But at least my mother-in-law is extremely happy with me, that is all that matters. Although, everyone is happy but I feel guilty that I selfishly used an innocent man to achieve my aim. But before anybody judge me; just put yourself in my shoes and think for a moment what you will do?

Tell Nigerians how much you earn, court orders National Assembly

How much do members of the National Assembly earn? What the public knows is mere hear-say, and that’s because the legislators themselves have consistently refused to disclose how much of the nation’s revenue is injected into their salaries, emoluments and allowances.
Even when a non-governmental organisation, Legal Defence and Assistance Project (LEDAP) wrote to the National Assembly Management on July 6, 2011, asking it to furnish Nigerians with those details, the assembly ignored the request. The NGO cited the Freedom of Information Act to justify its demand, yet the assembly was unmoved.
Consequently, the group sought judicial intervention. They filed a suit in September 2011, seeking two reliefs namely an order declaring that the refusal of NASS management to provide the required information was illegal; and an order mandating the NASS management to release the required information within 14 days.
On Monday June 25, the Abuja Federal High Court agreed with LEDAP and granted both orders. Jistice B.B. Aliyu who presided ordered the NASS management to release the full details of the salaries, emoluments and allowances which NASS members received between 2007 and 2011.
This ruling directly contradicts that of Justice Yetunde Idowu of a Lagos High Court who had previously ruled that salaries and emoluments of lawmakers were personal information not covered by the FOI act. Justice Idowu made that ruling in a case filed against the Lagos state assembly by another NGO.
However, Justice Aliyu in this suit, said that contrary to the claims of the NASS lawyer that LEDAP has no locus standi to file the suit, they actually did because the payments are made from public funds.
Meanwhile the council to LEDAP, Chino Obiagwu, said that his client would not relent until all the illegal allowances which lawmakers collected between 2007 and 2011 were returned. Obiagwu said that since legislators are the ones who made the law on how much each public office holder should be paid, they are “are liable to refund any excess money collected beyond approved sum.”
Meanwhile the National Assembly, through its Director of Information, Monima Daminabo, has said that it is willing to comply exactly with the court’s ruling.
Ynaija!

Beyonce and Jay Z’s Daughter Named Honorary Citizen of Croatian island

American superstars Beyonce and Jay-Z’s daughter Blue Ivy Carter has been named an honorary citizen of the Croatian town of Hvar, after reports the couple named her for a local tree.
“The story of the origin of your girl’s name, Blue Ivy, has brought huge media attention and great tourism promotion to the town of Hvar,” said Mayor Pjerino Bebic in a letter sent to the couple, “I have decided to grant your daughter the status of honorary citizen of the town.”
Blue Ivy, born in January, was reportedly named after a tree wrapped in blue ivy the couple had seen on the island during their visit in September 2011.
Media in Croatia have recently broadcast a video that Beyonce, 30, shot during the visit to Hvar in which she posed next to a tree covered with ivy, saying her child could be named Blue Ivy.
Bebic invited the couple with their daighter to pay another visit to the island. Beyonce and Jay-Z have already visited the most prominent Croatian coastal town, Dubrovnik, in August 2009.
Celebregion

President Jonathan is a joke – a meretricious mediocrity. Nigerians deserve a better leader,” – Ghanaian Professor

One of the world’s foremost economists, Professor George Ayittey has lashed out at the President of Nigeria, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan (GEJ), describing him as “a joke” and a mediocre President after his (GEJ’s) encounter with the media last night.
According to Professor Ayittey, Nigeria “deserves a better leader”, judging by GEJ’s poor, almost unfortunate responses to some of the questions posed to him by the Nigerian media last night.
The Professor indicated that GEJ’s refusal to declare his assets and his failure to tackle the Boko Haram crisis suggest that he is of an unsound mind.
He therefore called on Nigerians to rid themselves of GEJ as soon as possible.
He said: “Nigerians should not put up with such mediocrity and should mount a RECALL GEJ campaign. They should check Chapter VI of their Constitution. See Sections 143 and 144 about removing the President and Vice-President from office other than through elections”.
“137; 1c: “A person shall not be qualified for election to the office of President if under the law in any part of Nigeria, he is adjudged to be a lunatic or otherwise declared to be of unsound mind.”
Professor Ayittey, a Ghanaian economist, author, president of the Free Africa Foundation in Washington DC, professor at American University, and an associate scholar at the Foreign Policy Research Institute, made this known on twitter this morning.
Read the entire tweet below:
Professor George Ayittey
“Look, this GEJ guy is a joke – a meretricious mediocrity. Nigerians deserve a better leader. Fancy his statements and responses to questions in a media chat on June 24, 2012:
• He has not visited Borno state, the center of Boko Haram attacks, because the airport there was not functional at the time he planned to visit. “And we did not want to land somewhere and fly in to Maiduguri with a helicopter for obvious reasons.”
[Why is the airport not functioning? Why hasn’t it been fixed? And are there no ROADS into Borno State?]
• Asked why he had not declared his assets, Mr. Jonathan replied in an impatient tone, stating “I don’t give a damn” about declaration of assets. He related that he had gone to the late President Umaru Yar’Adua to caution “that we should not play to the hands of some people [by openly declaring their assets].” Mr. Jonathan added, “That is a matter of principle and I am not going to declare. It is not the president declaring his asset that will end Boko Haram.”
• The president said it’s a matter of principle and whether he is criticised from “head to toe” he will not declare his assets. “It is not right,” he said. “I didn’t want even want to declare my assets as VP” but was forced by the then president, Umara Musa Yar’Adua. He said asset declaration is “not the right thing to do.”
[Damn it, it is a constitutional requirement to declare your assets, Mr. President. See Chapter VI, Part 1, Section 140 of Nigeria’s Constitution: “Declaration of assets and liabilities, oaths of President.” And what the hell has Boko Haram got to do with declaration of assets?]
• Agriculture: The president said his government is revolutionizing agriculture in Nigeria.”We are giving cotton seeds free in the North” he said.
[This is the most crass definition of an “agricultural revolution” – by providing free seeds.]
• The President said the government is doing very well in railway construction. “You may not know, but we are working,” he said. He added that his government has made a “significant progress” in railway construction. “You should commend us,” he adds.
[What “significant progress” has been made in railway construction? How many Nigerians are working on railway construction with the contract given to Chinese firms?]
• UNILAG name change: The president said what he did, in terms of law, was correct. You change the name first, then send the bill to the National Assembly later, he argues. “What we did, was the normal procedure,” he said.
[No, Mr. Presient, you had it backward. Before you change the name of University of Lagos (UNILAG), you consult with the university and the student body, which you did NOT do.]
• Crude Oil Theft: “The stealing of crude oil is a Nigerian phenomenon,” the president said. He adds that it has gone cancerous. “We will stop it, but it is like allowing a cancerous cell to grow into a major tumor.”
[Mr. President, theft of crude oil is a CRIME, not a “Nigerian phenomenon or a disease afflicting Nigerians. Describing it that way means you are CLUELESS about how to solve it.]
Nigerians should not put up with such mediocrity and should mount a RECALL GEJ campaign.
They should check Chapter VI of their Constitution. See Sections 143 and 144 about removing the President and Vice-President from office other than through elections.
137; 1c: “A person shall not be qualified for election to the office of President if under the law in any part of Nigeria, he is adjudged to be a lunatic or otherwise declared to be of unsound mind.” Link: http://bit.ly/MSxUws ”
Professor Ayittey holds a B.Sc. in Economics from the University of Ghana, Legon, an M.A. from the University of Western Ontario in Canada, and a Ph.D. from the University of Manitoba. He has taught at Wayne State College and Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania.
He held a National Fellowship at the Hoover Institution in 1988-89, and then joined The Heritage Foundation as a Bradley Resident Scholar.
He founded The Free Africa Foundation in 1993, to serve as a catalyst for reform in Africa.
In 2008 Dr. Ayittey was listed by Foreign Policy as one of the “Top 100 Public Intellectuals” who “are shaping the tenor of our time”. He lives in Lorton, Virginia.
What do you make of his comments? Is Professor Ayittey justified in his criticism of GEJ?
You can follow me on twitter @SamuelObour.
Follow Professor Ayittey @Ayittey
Source: saharareporters

Muslim Imam Rapes His Daughter’s 15yrs Old Friend

A 43-year-old muslim Imam at Educational Legacy College’s Mosque in Ibadan, Oyo State, Isiaka Salimonu has been arrested for raping a 15-year-old girl, simply identified as Yetunde.
Olufamous.com gathered that the Iman, whose daughter and Yetunde are classmates, had been wooing the innocent girl for the past 10 months without success.
Imam Isiaka, who has been detained at the State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID) in Ibadan, was said to have promised to give Yetunde a special oil for prayers to improve her academic performance. It was when she went to the Mosque to collect the said ‘special oil’ from him that he pounced on the victim and raped her.
On getting home, Yetunde reported the matter to her elder brother who immediately reported the matter at the Olodo Police Station, while her father took her to a nearby hospital where it was confirmed that she was actually raped.
During interrogation, Olufamous.com gathered that Imam Isiaka confessed to the crime. The state’s police spokesperson, Femi Okanlawon also confirmed that the suspect has confessed. He added that the Iman would soon be charged to court for rape.

Woman arrested for calling ex-husband Boko Haram member on Facebook

23-year old mother of one has been arrested by policemen from Ipaja Police Station, Lagos State, Southwest Nigeria, for calling her ex-husband a member of the Boko Haram sect on Facebook, the social interaction site on internet.
The suspect, Afolakemi Mojisola Adeniyi, was arrested following a complaint lodged at the station by her former husband, Alfa Umar Gobir, that his ex-wife posted his picture on facebook and tagged him a member of the Boko Haram.
Umar told the police that he received several calls from friends and associates throughout the weekend, asking him why he joined the sect and that he kept telling them that they were mistaking him for someone else until one of his friends told him to check Facebook.
Umar said he was shocked when he saw his picture on facebook and the words written below the picture read: “This is one of the Boko Haram any time you have contact with him, bomb him.”
Umar further explained: “I was sleeping on Saturday night when I started receiving calls from my friends asking me why I joined the Boko Haram sect. I was surprised since I did not belong to the sect, but one of my friends called me again and said I should go to Facebook. He told me that my picture was there as a member of the sect.
“I was shocked when I saw my picture on the social networking site.”
Umar told the police at Ipaja that very early that day, he went to Ipaja where his ex-wife lived with her parents and reported the case to them.
His ex-wife confirmed to him that she posted the picture on Facebook because he told her that she and her child would die. Umar told the police that few hours after the parents of his ex-wife begged him to forgive her, she posted another one on Facebook saying she did not regret her action.
The second posting reads: “Am nt regrtn of d pic upload by me 2 any 1.”
When Afolakemi was arrested and the police asked her why she did it, she simply said that Umar told her that she and her child would die.
The Divisional Police Officer (DPO) in charge of Ipaja Police Station, Titiladayo Segun, after listening to both parties, advised Afolakemi and her parents to go and beg the complainant for forgiveness because of the little child they have, adding that with the evidence before him there is no way she would not go to jail should the complainant insist on going to court.
Gobir told the police that he is yet to decide whether to take his ex-wife to court, adding that he needed to consult his family over the matter.
Culled from PM News

Robbers offer .5million bribe to evade arrest

The customs officers say that the car robbers begged to be freed and offered a N500, 000 cash bribe for their freedom
A gang of armed robbers on Monday offered a N500,000 bribe to officials of the Ogun State Command of Customs and Excise to evade arrest.
The Customs officers who turned down the bribe said they were offered the money shortly after a robbery operation by the bandits.
Addressing a press conference in Abeokuta, the area controller, Bamidele Akande, said the suspects, identified as Ademola Adeniyi and Ajayi Adesina, were arrested with a blood stained Acura MDX and a Passat with an Abuja number plate, KWL 560 AA, in Ewekoro Local Government area of Ogun state.
He explained that on arrest of the first suspect, he put a phone call across to the ring leader to rescue him. The ring leader soon arrived with the bribe money.
The customs boss disclosed that the ring leader, identified as Mr. Adeniyi, drove in a lemon coloured Passat,and begged the custom officers to release his colleague while offering them bribes.
Mr. Akande said the confessional statement of the suspects showed that they robbed at gun point at Bariga in Lagos last Sunday.
“On close examination, we discovered that they are hardened criminals. We saw human blood on the Acura and we have every reason to suspect that the other car brought by Adeniyi was stolen. That is why we are handing over the case to the police,” the customs boss said.
Receiving the suspects on behalf of the police state command, the head of state Criminal Investigative Department, Fola Ogunkoya, said the police would investigate the case and subsequently charge them to court after investigations.
In a related development, the customs has impounded no fewer than 406 cartons of frozen food at Idi-Iroko and Imeko-Afon axis of the state.
“In our drive to plug all points of entry of these hazardous and banned product in its intensity, we shall not relent in order to safeguard the health of the nation and its citizens.
“Only last two weeks, 374 cartons of these frozen Poultry valued at 1,383,000 were seized at Idi-Iroko axis and last week, 406 carton of these same items valued at N1,827,000 were seized along Idi-roko-Imeko axis,” the customs boss said.