Monday 25 June 2012

I am here to cause upsets –Federer


I am here to cause upsets –Federer

TEN in a row does not sit comfortably with Roger Federer when talk turns to Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal dominating the Grand Slams.
The world's top two have squared off in the past four Grand Slam finals and are on the cusp of snaring a 10th straight major between them at Wimbledon this year.
Federer made it clear it was time somebody broke their stranglehold.
And if that means the 30-year-old six-time Wimbledon Champion is tasked with the job – should the younger brigade not be quite up to task – then so be it.
"I am dreaming of the title, there's no denying that," Federer said.
"I think it's up to somebody else to break that mould. I hope I can do that. They've done amazing the last years, not just the last year or so.
"Hopefully it's my time of the year now or someone else's… If it is someone else, I hope it's me, of course.”

No comments: